Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Footprints



The wind was calm
but the breeze was cool.
I felt cold
but I was warm inside
For, today had been just my day.
A gush of wind went by
and it made my untidy hair
fall loosely on my face.
It was then I heard 
some footsteps behind me.
Clutching my shawl,
I wrapped it around
to keep my shoulders warm. 
I looked back.
All I could hear was the wind blowing.
This time it pushed my hair
back from my face
making my vision clear.
Nope, I could see no one. 
Forgetting everything,
I moved on. 
But the sound of the footsteps
followed my everywhere.
Scared, I rushed home.
And buried myself under the pillow.
That night I had a dream.
I heard those footsteps again.
I heard a voice too.
Warm, gentle and full of love 
It made me feel like a child.
I felt somebody's hand
resting on my forehead
And the voice said to me, 
"I was the one who was following you.
And I always will
Because I am the God
And you are my child."
Today, was indeed my day.

16 comments:

  1. Let me check the link again..

    My God chanz!!
    That was awesome..
    Great work...
    Hearing voices..:)
    God..
    WOW..

    Cheers

    Nuts

    p.s. A fan added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romanticcccc wali badi feelin aa rahi ha terko aaj kal.............

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mehak : thanks a lot honey.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sakshi : *bows down head in prayer*

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Nipun : heeeeeeeeeee... m not hearing any... this is purely fiction..

    ReplyDelete
  6. soft and sweet..! good read..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one dear
    was goin through the flow of your words, to some other world :)
    beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU wrote this?
    I mean seriously?
    you WROTE this ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful poem...Loved your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful....such words r so comforting.

    ReplyDelete